How to Extend the Life of Your Travel Trailer in Reno Nevada
Did you get all your RV travel in over the summer? When winter hits do you know how to winterize your travel trailer? Here are tips on how to winterize your travel trailers.
According to an article at beckleysrvs.com, “When the time Comes Here are Tips on How to Winterize Your Travel Trailer”
“Making sure your travel trailer RV provides years of reliable service depends in great part on the efforts of the RV owner. With winter just around the corner, it is important to start thinking about winterizing your travel trailer now so that it lasts until the next RV season. Winterizing your travel trailer RV is a process that any RV owner can do themselves, provided they follow the following steps:
Winterize Travel Trailer Checklist –
- Drain the fresh water tank – To do this, simply open any faucet in your RV and let it run until the water stops. This is a crucial first step in winterizing your RV because it not only removes water that could potentially cause your pipes to freeze and burst but also saves you from getting sprayed when you open the drains or unscrew the plug on your water heater.
- Open low point drains and drain any water out of them – Keep in mind that they may be difficult to find, but you need to make sure you find them – draining the water out of your low point drains is very important when you winterize your RV.
- Turn your electric water heater off.
- Drain hot water heater.
- Remove all the water from your water heater and drains – To do this, hook up compressed air to the city water inlet. Blow all of the water out of the water heater and low points .
- Remove the rest of the water from your RV – Close the water heater and low point drains. Open all faucets while they are under pressure to blow all water out of the faucets, tubs, showers, toilet and outside shower.” To read the entire article click here.