Did You Stop By A1-RV for Your RV Pre-Trip Safety Check in Reno Nevada?
If you’re new to the RV lifestyle or a pro, you understand that an RV pre-trip safety check is the utmost importance before hitting the road. Here are a few RV safety tips before you hit the road in Reno Nevada.
According to an article at camping.about.com, “RV Traveling Safety Tips”
“RV safety checks are the biggies. There are numerous safety devices and safety elements built in and added on to your RV. They’re there for a reason, and they can’t maintain themselves.
It’s easy to overlook them. After all, these components worked when you put your RV in storage, and they should be in the same condition now. Some will be, but those that aren’t can cause problems.
- Batteries run down, some leak, parts corrode, and the elements they’re exposed to in storage will take their toll.
- Water connections can leak. Window seals can leak.
- Rubber and plastic seals can begin to break down, as can tires. Anything that can deteriorate will do so in storage as well as in use. Tires can blow when they begin to break down.
Take a look at the list below. Some will link to a fuller article or other information to help you get through your RV pre-trip preparations as quickly, easily, and inexpensively as possible.
Pre-trip Inspection Checklist
- Check RV propane tank, inspection dates, integrity and content levels, regulator, gauge, connections
- Check for RV infestations: insects, rodents, snakes, wild animals, bees, hornets, wasps, ants and spiders
- Check and flush RV water system: flush, drain, disinfect, refill water, and gray tank system and valves, RV water heater.”
To read the entire list click here: